Sunday, July 30, 2023

TRIGO, new bakery, Lausanne, Switzerland

 

I already have a half-dozen favorite pastry shops in Lausanne, each having a specific pastry item(s) that keeps me coming back. This place in the photo used to house a Portuguese bakery and it was worthless. When it comes to sweets, Portugal is near the bottom of the list. 

Several months ago an Italian couple took it over and it's now it's called TRIGO, a contemporary bakery. Fantastic goodies!   

See those treats on the left? They're called Mt. Vesuvius (after volcano in Italy). One is pistachio, one lemon and the other chocolate. My favorite is the chocolate. The crispy shell is filled with a mixture of chocolate and nuts, then that white stuff (whipped cream) is added atop along with a sprinkling of chocolate dust. Dangerously good!    
That's Danish in the middle--kind of a sweet bread roll filled with whipped cream--only so-so.
Being an Italian shop they make all kinds of pizza slices. I love the Pizzette.
Another view of lunch time snacks.
So, after Mt. Vesuvius, this is my favorite. It's called Fake Cheesecake. 
Pieces of caramel floating in caramel sauce, then a layer of some kind of whipped cream, followed at the bottom by bits of crumbled cookies. 
Their chocolate chip cookies rank up there with the best I've ever had!
Close-up of cookie. I had been going in there for several weeks getting these cookies. One day I walk in and the cashier says "you really like our chocolate chip granola cookies". "What", I exclaimed, "these are granola cookies?"  Jeez, can't believe I'm liking something with granola. 
Last year Aux Merveilleux de Fred opened an outlet here in Lausanne four blocks from where I live.  A guy name Fred from northern France (Lille) specializes in making these unbelievable sweets. There are now about 10 shops around the world including NYC.
Its flagship product is basically a meringue topped with whipped cream. I could snap photos but wouldn't do them justice. Go to the website and watch them being made. Unfortunately, I still can't figure out how to post the website address and let you click on it--so you have to type in the address. https://auxmerveilleux.com/en/

No comments:

Post a Comment