Thursday, September 5, 2024

Bad Ragaz, Switzerland

 


If a town has the name Bad before its name that means it's a spa town. Thermal waters were discovered in Bad Ragaz, population 6,100, back in 1840. This is the main street running through town. 
Everything was looking normal except I started seeing all kinds of sculptures in various spots around town.
Looks like these guys are playing bocce ball. 
Closer inspection finds they're not real. 
It turns out I stumbled upon the largest open-air sculpture exhibition in Europe. Every three years Bad Ragaz hosts the event and it runs from May to October. 
Rhino head atop hotel building.
I love these two women.
Close-up of one.

Close-up of second woman. 
A couple enjoying cocktails. I hope you notice they're made of wood plus, she has slipped out of her shoes. 
There're are so many art installations around that I had to check to make sure this is a real church. Yes it is. 
This creek running through town has a yellow surfboard strung up across it.
Even this pedestrian bridge over the creek has art.

This building houses the tourist office. Note the trapeze artist.

The woman pictured was manning a booth. My German is poor and she doesn't speak English. I pointed to the water fountain and showed her my water bottle and gestured if I could drink. She nodded. I go to fill up my bottle and it must be 100 degrees--it's thermal water!

I go back to her and she's still talking to that guy. I grabbed a couple brochures off a display case. There's a pile of pamphlets at her booth and figure it must be about the art sculpture exhibit. The woman is still yakking to this guy so I grabbed a pamphlet and started walking away. Next thing I know she's yelling and running after me.  The pamphlets aren't free--10 Swiss francs equals $12. 

No comments:

Post a Comment