I'm cycling through Moudon (population 4,300) on my way to the farming village of Vucherens (population 500). Way up on the hill are several historical buildings including a prison. Using my zoom lens I get a closer look at the former prison--from what I'm told it's now a concert venue. Better go up and check it out.
There's no longer a castle atop Moudon but still a castle tower.
Heading back down to the town square.
Here's the entrance to the former prison. Now a concert venue. Would love to see the inside. Of course it's not open.
This fountain in Moudon, signifying blind justice (she has a blindfold), is turned off. Thanks to a drought the fountains have been turned off--can't fill up my water bottle.
So, my mission today finding the farming village of Vucherens. Why? It's where the National Vintage Tractor Meeting is being held this year with over 800 tractors and other agricultural machinery expected.
After leaving Moudon I've been cycling up this long hill and wrongly assumed there would be signage directing visitors to this big farming bash--supposedly five miles from Moudon. All of a sudden I hear loud noises and turning around I see this large convoy of tractors.
I end up following the tractors to the site. The blue truck has tractor suspended in the air.
What a cool place! Hundreds of tractors of every shape, size and age are here.
From what I'm told, a vintage tractor means it's more than 30 years old.
Over 40 craft booths are taking advantage of the tractor enthusiasts.
Tractors from Switzerland, France, Belgium and Italy are here. All the car manufacturers tried their hand at building tractors. Fiat is Italian.
See the red Volvo tractor next to the orange beast?
I end up following the tractors to the site. The blue truck has tractor suspended in the air.
What a cool place! Hundreds of tractors of every shape, size and age are here.
From what I'm told, a vintage tractor means it's more than 30 years old.
Over 40 craft booths are taking advantage of the tractor enthusiasts.
Tractors from Switzerland, France, Belgium and Italy are here. All the car manufacturers tried their hand at building tractors. Fiat is Italian.
See the red Volvo tractor next to the orange beast?
No comments:
Post a Comment