Friday, August 9, 2024

Les Diablerets, Switzerland (village/ski resort)

I've posted pictures of Les Diablerets (population 700) several years ago on my blog. I'm back here to check out a few things.
 
The Les Diablerets International Film Festival is happening this week. It started back in 1969 and is the world's second oldest mountain film festival--meaning the films have to have something to do with mountains. A mountain film festival in Trento, Italy is the oldest. 
Movies have their screenings in the community center next door to this hospitality tent. Here you can find all kinds of mountain specialities to eat. Even better, there's no smoking allowed inside--which is unusual in smoke-happy Switzerland. 
My other reason for visiting Les Diablerets was to cycle up to Col du Pillon, the mountain pass. This is it and, where you catch the cableway up to the mountain peak.
You can barely see the cableway finish way up the top of the mountain peak.
The whole experience is called Glacier 3000.  I'd seen photos of a very cool-looking toboggan run, the highest in the world. I thought it was here at the mountain pass, but no, you have to take the cableway. 
View of Les Diablerets as I cycled down the mountain on my way over to Leysin, another ski resort/mountain village.




No comments:

Post a Comment